In June we talked with Dr Konstantin Korotkov about measuring etheric energy, and orgone energy. Dr. Korotkov has scientifically measured it with electrophotonics, and its based on Gas Discharge Visualization. As many listeners may know, orgone energy was discovered by Wilhelm Reich. It’s been described as a massless omnipresent substance that can coalesce to create organization on all scales, within the microscopic it’s called bions, and the macroscopic structures would be clouds, and even galaxies. Wilhelm Reich also constructed what was known as cloud busters, he called it Cosmic Orgone Engineering, we talk about that and his life with guest Kevin Hinchey, Kevin is one of the directors of the Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust in Rangeley Maine which operates the Wihelm Reich Museum. Kevin also manages Reich’s medical and scientific archives located at the Countway Library of Medicine at Harvard University. He has written and produced the documentary A Man’s Right To Know, a rare look into Wilhelm Reich’s life, the film complimented by archived footage and photos. He’s currently writing a full length documentary film about Reich and recently completed a syllabus for a one semester college course about the life and work of Wilhelm Reich.
- He later discovered the same energy in the atmosphere.
- It was a physical energy, we’re not talking about something metaphysical.
- We’re not talking about an idea, we’re talking about something that can be seen, and measured and verified and used.
- Orgone energy roots go back to Freud’s concepts of the libido.
- Orgone energy is a biological energy in living substances, it is the sexual energies as well as other properties in the human organism and its also an atmospheric energy.
- Reich would later come to think of it as a life energy.
- He was a research physician and scientist who began his career as a psychoanalyst and psychiatrist in Vienna and Berlin in the 1920s and 1930s.
- Rangeley, Maine, it was actually there where he discovered orgone energy in the atmosphere.
- He discovered the same orgone energy in the atmosphere in July 1940.
- It seemed to originate in the atmosphere as this ubiquitous, mass, free energy.
- His discovery of atmospheric orgone energy revolutionized the research he was into disease and treatment.
- It led to a device he made called the “orgone energy accumulator.”
- It’s a modified Faraday Cage. By using the Faraday cage he ruled out that it was simply electromagnetism.
- He realized these orgone accumulators can gather and hold orgone energy from the atmosphere.
- He begins to use small orgone accumulators to see their effects on cancer mice.
- He sees the effects it has on the tumors. The tumors can soften and then be eliminated.
- Based on this, Reich eventually builds large accumulators. Large enough for a person to sit in.
- Probably the most persistent distortion today about Reich, that the orgone energy accumulators were some sort of a sex box.
- In August 1947, unannounced, an FDA agent showed up at Reich’s research center in Rangeley, Maine and began asking questions about his work.
Guest – Kevin Hinchey is one of the Directors of the Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust in Rangeley, Maine, which operates the Wilhelm Reich Museum; manages Wilhelm Reich’s medical and scientific archives which are located at the Countway Library of Medicine at Harvard University; and works with New York publisher Farrar, Straus & Giroux to publish Reich’s books. Mr. Hinchey is now writing a full-length documentary film about Wilhelm Reich, and recently completed work with a small group of professors on a syllabus for a one-semester college course about the life and work of Wilhelm Reich.